Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Exes Girlfriend

I love her. I divorced my ex husband for reasons valid and probably to be explained later. He's not the type that does well on his own, as even he would agree. He started dating a girl pretty soon after we broke up and I actually aided him. Helping him respond to texts, etc. She turned out to be a psycho. Then he met Kyla. Also very much a psycho. And two decades younger than both he and I. Some (most) would think I should or would feel threatened by her. At the very least, I should look down on her, right? Yeah. Sometimes, I've done both those things. Was I right in doing so? Again...sometimes.
 But...the truth is...I've grown to adore her. she's silly and funny and giving and tries so fucking hard to make those around her feel good even when shes hurting inside. Even when shes scared. Ya know that dog that is backed into a corner and will nip if you get close? Kyla, because of the life she has taken on, is like that dog in all respects except that when you reach out your hand...she licks it in hope that you won't smack her down rather than biting it  with a certainty that you will. She and I have gone through many phases. Not all of them pleasant. But, I write this...my first blog...with the knowledge that I'm writing it about someone that loves my kids...is strong enough to battle past resentment and fear to find good...is scared and yet seeks to give strength to others...that finds laughter and embraces it the way others embrace hatred. I'm writing this in admiration and love about someone that has one relationship with my ex-husband...another with my children...and another with me. She is truly like a daughter to me. But so much more. Shes my friend. And I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment